14 Things To Do If You Pay More Than $800/Month In Rent
The prices you pay to put a roof over your head, meals on the table, and cover the bare necessities don’t leave much left over. So it’s important to make what's left count, for things you need AND the things you want.
Here are 14 ways to make some of it turn into more, and the rest worth the spend...
- 1. Solitaire for you, cash for your wallet
- 2. The Life Insurance you know you need to get, while still having a life to live it with
- 4. And now for 2 minutes of your time - Blackout Blitz wants you to win some serious cash
- 5. Life is just easier with an extra 300 points on your credit score.
- 6. Now see how you can win in 3 minutes with 21 Blitz
- 7. $100 for doing what you were going to do anyway.. If that thing is open a new account.
- 8. Autopilot investing is the proven way to go. So why not get your first $5,000 invested for free.
- 9. Ever say, “Whoops, I just accidentally raised my credit score by 300 points.”?
- 10. Start Investing in the Stock Market with Just $5 (And Follow Other Winning Investors)
- 11. 25% of Americans who say “I’ll never need this,” needed it.
- 12. Credit Card debt makes you worse at decisions. This app takes care of hard debt decisions for you.
- 13. Passed on the first car insurance offer? How about this one?
- 14. Pay what you have to, not what they want you to.
1. Solitaire for you, cash for your wallet
Want to earn cash while having fun? Check out Solitaire Cube, an app that lets you play Solitaire – but for real money.
Play people at your own level for a fair shake and you could be a winner like Kat Ngyuen who took in $380,980 playing Solitaire Cube or mother of two, Jennifer, who’s taking home thousands when she manages to get a break.
We’ve played the other games so you don’t have to waste your time, or your cash, somewhere else.
2. The Life Insurance you know you need to get, while still having a life to live it with
You don’t have to be sold on the point of Life insurance. It really just comes down to being sure you’re picking the best one for you.
In this 60-second questionnaire from Bestow, you’ll see if you qualify for plans up to $1 million. Then the application is just 5 minutes for instant decisions (so you can get back to Solitaire).
Picture that chore crossed off your list for as little as $8/month for coverage from $50,000 to $1 million for 2, 10, or 20 year terms. Being between 21 and 54 and not living in NY are the only qualifiers, so you already don’t have to worry about making this doctor-free application a reality.
4. And now for 2 minutes of your time - Blackout Blitz wants you to win some serious cash
Blackout Blitz is the cash payout game that turns Bingo into a game of skill instead of chance on your iPhone.
How? Everyone sees the same balls and cards as everyone else!
So you can stay at home, not playing anything AND not winning anything? Or… you can stay at home, while playing AND winning in as little as 2 minutes.
Play for free against real people for prizes or play cash games to win real money! If you win a mini-tournament you could win well over $1,000.
5. Life is just easier with an extra 300 points on your credit score.
Maybe it’s an extra month’s security deposit, or your APR’s double digits are staring at you like they’re laughing or something, and we get it, they feel like unnecessary loads.
But you’ve already paid that deposit and that debt. If you’re going to need a loan, open a new card, or just move again, you know it’s important to get that score up now.
If you're making your rent every month, let's admit it – you're probably in a better spot than many others right now. And you may not even be worried about your credit score.
Credit Sesame has a free tool (it benefits them to get your credit score up too) that does things like raise Megan Hammon’s score from 400 to 700 in a few months.
“I just knew that we were going to be screwed if we didn’t get our credit up.” If Credit Sesame’s, best-in-class tools can “un-screw” Megan, think of what they can do for you.
6. Now see how you can win in 3 minutes with 21 Blitz
You’ve got 3 minutes. You’ve spent longer reading to here. And you know what 1 and 2 minutes of your time can win you, Stack 21’s could win you even more.
Stack up as many 21s as you can, and if it’s more than other players, the cash is yours. And if you’re in a mini-tournament, we’re talking well over $7,000!
It’s the super fast speed you need to move to that adds the thrill to the winnings. And since we’re all still moving at a snail’s pace over here, that thrill seems like a nice thing to add while playing to win.
7. $100 for doing what you were going to do anyway.. If that thing is open a new account.
The Aspiration Spend & Save account knows you’re only opening with them if they’ve got a high APY (up to 1.00%, 11x more than the average), free checks when you open, and a debit card accepted where you use it (55,000 ATM’s across the nation) and a soul (they donate 10% of their revenue to charity too).
So it’s really just $100 worth of icing to open the Aspiration Spend & Save Account in the 5 minutes it takes to do so (and spend $1000 by July 15).
Ever got paid $100 for 5 minutes of your time?
8. Autopilot investing is the proven way to go. So why not get your first $5,000 invested for free.
You know to buy low and sell high. But What exactly is it you’re supposed to buy? With the market down, a little today, is a LOT tomorrow.
Wealthfront invests your money automatically doing for you what no expensive financial advisor or brokerage can, not charge you for it!
You pick the risk level, Wealthfront’s advanced technology does the rest. If the robot doesn’t get paid, what should you be paying for?
9. Ever say, “Whoops, I just accidentally raised my credit score by 300 points.”?
Yes, it’s that absurd how crazy the truth can be when you read that one California Mom accidentally raised her credit score from 588 to 781 over 3 months by stepping into an unusual credit loophole.
Credit Secrets grabbed that loophole and organized it into a step-by-step guide you can “accidentally” step into just as easily. They say lightning doesn’t strike twice, but Credit Secrets found a way to make it rain.
Here’s another happy accident. Stumbling into a Larry King Interview.
10. Start Investing in the Stock Market with Just $5 (And Follow Other Winning Investors)
Despite the economy, the market just had its best quarter in decades. Did you miss it? The market is now yours to play with as little as $5 (which you’ve already made many times over if you’ve done all the previous steps) thanks to Public.
Public turns social media into the wisdom of the crowd, helping you follow other investors so you can invest, commission-free, and ride the wave of investment momentum.
This isn’t algorithms, it’s people you can actually talk to from all walks of life, sharing why they pick what companies. Just like Venmo, it’s got the social feed that keeps you informed on the when (live), what (each investment), and who (even Shaq is on here) of every investment.
11. 25% of Americans who say “I’ll never need this,” needed it.
If you guessed disability insurance, you should try your skills at one of the games on this list.
Breeze is a trusted disability insurance provider that will replace your paycheck if you’re too sick or injured to earn your own.
You don’t have to look farther than your bank account to see how far you’d last without a paycheck, so invest in the security of Breeze.
12. Credit Card debt makes you worse at decisions. This app takes care of hard debt decisions for you.
Juggling which credit card debt to pay off at the end of each month? Stress makes you a bad decision maker, especially when there are so many other financial decisions to make.
Tally decides what, when, and how much to pay to save you money and stress.
Just tell Tally all your debt specifics and your difficult debt becomes one easy payment at a rate as low as 7.9%.
Considering the average U.S. household pays 20% interest or more on credit card bills, Tally could cut your payments in more than half!
13. Passed on the first car insurance offer? How about this one?
Joywallet is serious about helping you save, that’s why we’ve also teamed up with Savvy to make it soooooooooooooooooo easy.
Savvy automatically does that work for you by directly linking to your current insurance provider.
Simply log into your current car insurance and Savvy’s encrypted software scans your insurance against all others to make sure you’re paying the lowest rate possible.
Pick from your top options for maximum savings and everything’s already filled out for you!
That’s how 60 seconds can equal an average of $720/year in savings.
14. Pay what you have to, not what they want you to.
Uncertain times means uncertain paychecks. So if you have to make today a little more certain with a personal loan, you can make tomorrow a little more certain as well by keeping that interest rate as low as possible.
Whether it’s today’s rent, repairs, hospital bills, or any other expense you need to cover right now, with the options below you can walk right past those 18-24% credit card rates and settle into a nice and cozy 6%.
24-6=18. That’s 18% of whatever you need to borrow that you’ll still have for tomorrow.
Here are the best rates we could find:
Exclusive promotions, rewards and insights on the journey to financial freedom. Earn & save more today.