Best blue-chip stocks
|Company (ticker symbol)||Best for|
|American Express (AXP)||Travel|
|Apple (AAPL)||Stock splits|
|Boeing (BA)||Growth potential|
|Disney (DIS)||Rumored split|
|IBM (IBM)||Low P/E ratio|
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)||Diverse products|
|Merck (MRK)||Drug sales|
|Microsoft (MSFT)||High market cap|
|Walmart (WMT)||Regular dividend|
Best blue chips stocks
Johnson & Johnson
Best blue chip stocks summary
|Company||Closing price June 30||52-week high/low||Dividend||Market Cap||P/E ratio|
|Johnson & Johnson||164.74||173.65/133.65||2.57%||433.83B||29.10|
Why should I buy blue-chip stocks?
- Large market capitalization. Called market cap for short, it’s the measure of the size and value of a company. They’re often large-cap stocks with a market valuation of $10 billion or more.
- In a major market index. They’re part of indexes such as the S&P 500, the Dow Jones Industrial Average, or the Nasdaq 100.
- Growth history. These are reliable companies with a history of strong performance, growth, and good future prospects.
- Dividends. Not all of them pay dividends, but many make regular payments to investors.
- Big names. Most blue-chip companies are household names you’ll recognize.
Why would I not want to own blue-chip stocks?
Should I buy ETFs instead?
Why you should buy blue-chip stocks
The bottom line
Use Bankrate to Start Investing Now
- Compare dozens of trusted finance apps and websites that help you start investing
- Get Bankrate's quick summary of each product
- Each product is carefully reviewed by experts so you know you're in good hands
- Invest on your own, with an advisor, or with a robo advisor
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.