- Overview of the 10 best free checking accounts
- 10 best free checking accounts
- Best free checking accounts summary
- Why you should open a free checking account
- The bottom line
Overview of the 10 best free checking accounts
|Ally||ATMs at retailers|
|Discover Bank||Many fee-free services|
|Capital One 360||Branches +40,000 ATMs|
|Axos Bank||1% cash back|
|Bank of America||Many ATMs, branches|
|Chime||No overdraft charges|
|BBVA||64,000 free ATMs|
|Radius Bank||Unlimited ATM rebates|
|Aspiration||Customers set fee|
10 best free checking accounts
- Deposit $500 or more a month
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 in checking account
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in Chase accounts
- Monthly maintenance, with no monthly balance or activity requirements
- Withdrawals at 60,000 ATMs nationwide
- Insufficient funds
- Deposited item returned
- Stop payment order
- Replacement debit card
- Expedited delivery for debit card replacement
- Standard checks
- Official bank check
- Expedited delivery for official bank checks
- Online bill pay
Capital One 360
- Essential Checking with unlimited ATM fee reimbursements
- CashBack Checking with unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
- First Checking for ages 13-17 in a joint checking account
- Rewards Checking that pays up to 1.25% APY with direct deposit or using a debit card 15 times each month
- Golden Checking for age 55 and older that pays 0.20% APY on all balances
Bank of America
- Direct deposit of $250 each month
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance
- Enroll in its Preferred Rewards program
Best free checking accounts summary
|Bank||Monthly fee||ATM cost||Insufficient funds||Reimburement for out-of-network ATM|
|Ally Bank||$0||$0||$10 per statement||$7.50 per item|
|Capital One 360||$0||$0||$0||$35|
|Axos Bank||$0||$0||Unlimited in U.S.||$25|
|Bank of America||$12||$0/$2.50||$0||$35|
|Radius Bank||$0||$0||Unlimited worldwide||$25|
Are ATMs really free?
How do I avoid overdraft fees?
How do I deposit money?
Why you should open a free checking account
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.