Best Online Checking Accounts
- Overview of the 10 best online checking accounts
- 10 best online checking accounts
- Best online checking accounts summary
- Why you should open an online checking account
- The bottom line
Overview of the 10 best online checking accounts
|Ally Bank||Mobile app|
|Capital One 360||Customer service|
|Charles Schwab Bank||Unlimited ATM rebates|
|Axos Bank||Rewards checking|
|Chase||$200 bonus offer|
|Discover Bank||1% cash back|
|Radius Bank||Rewards checking|
|TIAA Bank||Basic checking for beginners|
|Simple||Linked high-yield savings|
10 best online checking accounts
Capital One 360
Charles Schwab Bank
- Direct deposits of $1,000 or more.
- Use a debit card at least 15 times.
- Minimum $3 purchase on each debit card transaction.
- Direct deposit of at least $500 per month.
- $1,500 minimum daily balance.
- $5,000 average daily balance.
Best online checking accounts summary
|Bank||Monthly fee||APY||Minimum||Key feature|
|Ally Bank||$0||0.10%||$0||Mobile app|
|Capital One 360||$0||0.10%||$0||+40,000 ATMs|
|Charles Schwab||$0||0.03%||$0||Unlimited ATM fee rebates|
|Axos Bank||$0||0-1.25%||$0||Rewards checking|
|Discover Bank||$0||0%||$0||1% cash back|
|Radius Bank||$0||0.10%||$2,500||Rewards checking|
|TIAA Bank||$0||0.12%||$100||Basic checking|
Is online checking online only?
- Online app
- 24-hour phone service help
- Live chat
- Secure messaging
How do I avoid fees?
Is an online checking account secure?
How do I open an online checking account?
- Click on a link on the bank’s official website that sends you to a page to open an account.
- Have documentation ready, such as your Social Security number and a valid form of ID such as a U.S. driver’s license or government ID, proof of a physical address, and proof of citizenship or being a resident alien.
- Create a login with a username and password.
- Pick the account type. A joint account will require that person’s documentation.
- Deposit money through a debit from an account you have elsewhere, or use routing and account numbers. A minimum deposit of $25 may be required.
Why you should open an online checking account
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.