- Customer satisfaction scores
- Sample rates
- Available discounts such as bundling policies, smoke alarm, deadbolt locks
- Anything else that can make purchasing renters insurance easier
- Renters insurance by state
- Overview of the best renters insurance companies
- Best renters insurance companies
- The bottom line
Renters insurance by state
Cost variations among the states
|State||Average annual cost|
|District of Columbia||$158|
Overview of the best renters insurance companies
|Insurance company||Best for|
|State Farm||Customer service|
|Liberty Mutual||Bundling and discounts|
|Nationwide||Basic policy coverage|
|Lemonade||Fastest purchase experience|
Best renters insurance companies
- Personal Umbrella Policy (PUP)
- Flood insurance
- Coverage for a business property
- Identity theft restoration
- Scheduled personal property (additional coverage for your more expensive items)
|Carrier||Availability||JD Power Rank||Monthly Premium*||Bundling available|
|State Farm||All states||8||$13.75||Yes|
|Liberty Mutual||All states||11||$19.58||Yes|
|Nationwide||All but AK, LA, MA or NJ||10||$16.08||Yes|
|USAA||All states (military only)||N/A but highest overall in points||N/A||Yes|
|Erie||Only in 11 states plus D.C.||2||$11.33||Yes|
|Lemonade||28 states & D.C.||1||$15.42||No|
What does renters insurance cover?
How much renters insurance do I need?
How can I save on renters insurance?
Why should you use the best renters insurance companies?
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.