DiversyFund Review – Investing in Real Estate Without a Ton of Dough
- What is DiversyFund?
- Why REITs?
- The bottom line
What is DiversyFund?
How much does DiversyFund cost?
|ETFs||The S&P 500 is a type of exchange-traded fund. ETFs are traded on stock exchanges and are similar to mutual funds. They’re sold throughout the day, while mutual funds are sold at day’s end. Finding an average return for ETFs is difficult since there are so many of them.|
|Mutual funds||In 2020, mutual funds in seven broad categories averaged a return of roughly $10%, almost double the average annual return over the past 15 years.|
|IRAs||Roth IRAs have historically earned 7-10% average annual returns. A traditional Individual Retirement Account invested in large-company stocks has earned an average annual return rate of 11.31%, according to data from New York University.|
|Bonds||Long-term government bonds have returned between 5% and 6%, according to investment researcher Morningstar.|
Stock market returns
- Total return 2017: 29.11%
- Total return 2018: -3.48%.
- Total return 2017: 21.83%
- Total return 2018: -4.38%
How returns are paid
Nonaccredited investors allowed
Who is DiversyFund best for?
Nonaccredited investors seeking diversification
Investors who don’t need money back soon
People with only $500 to invest
Who shouldn’t use DiversyFund?
People who want liquidity
People who don’t like limited investment choices
Pros & cons
- Inexpensive entry: $500 minimum investment required.
- Diversify portfolio: Access to commercial real estate deals, as opposed to stocks and bonds that most people are invested in.
- No management fees: No fees are charged because DiversyFund cuts out the middleman and buys, runs, and sells the properties. For that service, the company takes 2-8%.
- Don’t have to be accredited investors: Nonaccredited investors can join, which basically means they don’t have to have a high income.
- Long timeline: Five-year investment until paid out.
- No liquidity: Investors can’t take their money out before the properties are sold in five years.
- Limited choices: Only one REIT is available through DiversyFund.
DiversyFund vs competitors
|Platform||Management fees||Other fees||Account minimum|
|Realty Mogul||1-1.25%||Up to 3%||$5,000|
How is the investment taxed?
What exactly is my investment in?
Where is the property?
Can I cash out early?
How do I process my first investment?
Does DiversyFund have customer support?
The bottom line
Are You Ready for Retirement? Answer These 20 Questions
Take this quiz from SmartAsset and calculate your time to retirement. Their free tool helps match the right financial advisor for your retirement goals in just 5 minutes. Every advisor is carefully screened before being added to SmartAsset's network. Learn more and get paired with local financial advisors in your area. Get started now.
Take Your Investing To The Next Level
|Name||Motley Fool||Stash Invest||Wealthfront|
|Description||Motley Fool's stock picks have averaged returns of 588% (vs 119% for the S&P). Get your 50% discount for new members.||Start investing with as little as $1 and purchase fractional shares of stock. Get $5 from Stash to make your first investment.||Get a personalized portfolio of diversified, low-cost stocks on autopilot — in minutes. It’s the time-tested way to build long-term wealth.|