Gabi Auto Insurance: My Insurance Quote Experience
- What is Gabi?
- How does Gabi work?
- How much does Gabi cost?
- Gabi features
- Who is Gabi best for?
- Who shouldn’t use Gabi?
- Pros & cons
- Gabi vs. competitors
- Bottom line
What is Gabi?
- Find a broker
- Pick up the phone and provide your details
- Wait for the broker to get back with you
- Review the information captured on your behalf
- Discuss your decision with the broker
How does Gabi work?
The coverage information provided in the quote
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
- Medical payments
- Car rental reimbursement
How much does Gabi cost?
True head-to-head comparisons
Accessible customer service
Who is Gabi best for?
Anyone who wants to save money
Who shouldn’t use Gabi?
Those who have never purchased their own policy
Pros & cons
- Innovative technology. The AI technology Gabi uses delivers consumers a fast, hassle-free experience. The innovative technology means Gabi can analyze 40 insurance carriers at once.
- Intuitive to use. The website and app are written in everyday language and the questions are easy to answer.
- You really can save money. From the results of my personal quote to other reviews offered, it’s clear Gabi can help save money. If you’re looking for harmless ways to eliminate waste from your budget, Gabi offers a solution for potential savings.
- And you’re saving time too. It would take forever to input individual information with each of the websites Gabi uses for comparison. Gabi can save you time, which may be as important as the money savings.
- Lots of positive reviews. Since Gabi has been operating for several years now, there are lots of positive reviews. Many users agree Gabi has saved them hundreds, in some cases thousands, of dollars each year. Other reviews comment on how easy Gabi is to use and quickly get your quotes.
- Needs further explanation. It’s unclear if I only had two options presented to me because of the inputs I made, or if it’s because the companies Gabi uses can’t match my current policy line by line. Personally, I would prefer more information such as how many companies were reviewed in total, even though I see only two were less than my current rate.
- Complete privacy is still unknown. Another con to the process is putting trust in Gabi to keep information secure. Yes, the website confirms Gabi uses 128-bit key encryption and uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for added security. But there is still a bit of hesitation (at least on my part) to input my login credentials for my current policy for Gabi to access. Perhaps this is unfounded, but it’s still a little unsettling. It’s another reason why I chose to upload a PDF, instead of providing my login credentials for my insurance company.
- Lack of ratings information. If you’ve ever spent time on an insurance website like State Farm or Geico, you may have noticed the financial ratings are typically listed on the site. This allows the consumer to access important information such as an A.M. Best rating or the Standard & Poors Global Ratings. It gives you the confidence (or lack thereof) that the company is financially stable to support insurance claims. Because Gabi isn’t the actual insurance carrier, the ratings for these carriers aren’t at your fingertips. You won’t see the ratings unless you go directly to the individual insurance websites.
- You must have a cell phone. To sign up for an account and view your quotes, you must use a cell phone for verification purposes. This is part of the 2-factor authentication process for security reasons. So if you don't have a cell phone, you won’t be able to create an account.
Gabi vs. competitors
|Compares auto insurance carriers||Offers suggestions to save money||BBB rating||Cost|
|Policygenius||Only when bundled with homeowners insurance||Yes||A-||Free|
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.