- What is Geico auto insurance?
- How does Geico auto insurance work?
- Obtaining a quote
- How much does Geico auto insurance cost?
- Geico auto insurance features
- Geico vs. competitors
- Who is Geico auto insurance best for?
- Who shouldn’t use Geico auto insurance?
- Pros and cons
- The bottom line
What is Geico auto insurance?
- AM Best A++
- S&P Global Rating A++
- Assets of $32 billion
- J.D. Power 2019 U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction Study — 4th overall
- J.D. Power 2020 U.S. Insurance Shopping Study — Highest overall
How does Geico auto insurance work?
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Medical payments coverage
- Personal Injury Protection coverage
- Uninsured motorists
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Emergency roadside service You can call customer service or book through an app, but your call for assistance will be answered within 2 minutes. You can expect help for stressful situations such as needing to jump-start your car or if you’re locked out.
- Car rental reimbursement You’ll be reimbursed up to $750 per incident if you need a rental car due to an accident or total vehicle loss. Bonus: if you book with Enterprise then Geico will handle all the direct billing for you.
- Mechanical breakdown coverage This is optional coverage, which acts similar to an extended warranty on a vehicle. If you have a new or leased car for less than 15 months, the MBI covers all car parts and systems. You only have to pay a small premium for repairs instead of the huge out-of-pocket costs dealers love to charge.
Obtaining a quote
How much does Geico auto insurance cost?
- Bodily injury liability coverage: Minimum legal requirement $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage: Minimum legal requirement $25,000
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: Minimum legal requirement $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist property damage: Minimum legal requirement $25,000
Available discounts for reduced premiums
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft system
- Daytime running lights
- New car
- Driving record, history, and habits
- Five-year accident-free
- Seatbelt use
- Driver’s education
- Defensive driving course
- Driver’s education course
- Good student
- Driver affiliation
- Emergency deployment
- Federal employee
- Membership and Employee discount (if you’re a member or employee of one of 500 specific organizations)
- Customer loyalty
- Multi-vehicle (bundling)
Examples of premium costs
- Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Property Damage: $20k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Property Damage: $50k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Collision Deductible: $1k
- Comprehensive Deductible: $1k
Geico auto insurance features
24/7 customer service
Geico vs. competitors
Geico vs. State Farm
Geico vs. Nationwide
|AM Best Rating||JD Power Rating||Multiple Discounts||Gap Coverage|
Who is Geico auto insurance best for?
Those looking for affordable rates
Those looking for financially strong backing
Who shouldn’t use Geico auto insurance?
Those who are looking for the best customer experience
Those who need gap coverage
Pros and cons
- Full breadth of products. Geico offers all the typical coverage options, but you can add more specific needs such as roadside assistance, car rental reimbursement, or an umbrella insurance policy.
- Accident forgiveness. With Geico, you can either earn or purchase accident forgiveness. If you have your first at-fault accident and you also have this coverage, then your premium won’t increase as a result.
- Discounts galore. From being a member of the military, to good grades, or safe driving classes and using your seatbelt, you can find numerous ways to reduce your premium. Some discounts can impact your premium as much as 40%, so it’s worth looking into if budget is a top concern.
- Easy to file a claim. Geico has several options to submit a claim, either on the phone, through the web, or via the app.
- Lack of gap coverage option. If you’re interested in obtaining gap coverage for your vehicle, you won’t be able to purchase it through Geico.
- Limited agent network. Geico car insurance favors the use of the website and apps. Some may see this as more impersonal, but it is one way to keep costs down.
The bottom line
|5260 Western Avenue Chevy Chase, MD 20815||1 Geico Plaza, Bethesda, MD 20810-0001|
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.