How Much Car Insurance Do I Need? Your Guide for Smart Financial Protection
Why purchasing the right auto insurance policy matters
Meeting state minimum requirements
Personal injury protection
Adding collision and comprehensive coverage
Are comprehensive and collision required?
Add-on policy options
- Roadside assistance: This popular feature provides help when your car is disabled or can’t be driven. Whether you need towing, extraction, fuel, or a battery jump, a good roadside assistance plan will get you on the road when you need it.
- Rental reimbursement: If you find yourself unable to use your vehicle because of a covered claim, such as a collision claim or comprehensive claim, then rental reimbursement coverage provides reimbursement for daily transportation. This can be either a rental car or other forms of transportation, such as bus passes. You have limits for how much you will be reimbursed each day, plus the number of consecutive days.
- Rideshare coverage: An increasingly common option is rideshare coverage. This is for those who use their vehicle for rideshare work, such as Uber or Lyft. This may help fill in any gaps in your policy and limit the amount of out-of-pocket costs you might incur if you’re involved in a claim while hired for rideshare.
- Pet coverage: If you ride with your furbaby in your vehicle then this extra protection may provide reimbursement of up to $1,000 if your pet is hurt (or killed) during a car accident.
- Accident forgiveness: You probably recognize this from commercials but this is another option where you pay a little extra with your premiums upfront to avoid increased premiums if you’re involved in an at-fault accident.
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.