How to Buy Car Insurance
- Do your research before buying car insurance
- Different types of auto insurance coverage
- Add-on coverage
- Shop around
- Top car insurance companies
- The costs of car insurance
- The bottom line
Do your research before buying car insurance
Different types of auto insurance coverage
Bodily injury liability
Medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP)
Property damage liability
Purchase online or by phone
Purchase from a car insurance company agent
Purchase from an independent agent or broker
Top car insurance companies
The costs of car insurance
Factors affecting car insurance rates
- Marital status
- Driving experience and history
- Type of vehicle
- What you will use the vehicle for and how often you will drive it
- Credit history and credit score
- Previous car insurance coverage
- Car insurance claims history
- Your chosen coverage and deductibles
Choose a premium and deductible that fits your budget.
Ask about all available discounts.
- Good student driver: Your teen or college student could receive additional savings if they get good grades.
- Accident-free discount: If you have no accidents for a specific period of time, you could receive additional savings.
- Defensive driving course: If you take an approved defensive driving course, you may save on your car insurance.
- Good driving discount: If you don’t receive a speeding ticket or other moving violation for a specific period of time, you could save on your car insurance.
- Safety features discounts: If your car is equipped with specific safety features such as airbags or an anti-theft device, you could receive a discount.
- Automatic payment discount: If you set up automatic payments to pay your premiums, you could save on your car insurance.
- Paperless discount: If you sign up to receive your billing statements and car insurance information via email, you could receive extra savings on your insurance.
- Pay in full discount: If you pay your full premium upfront rather than splitting it into multiple payments, you could receive extra savings.
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.