The First Thing to Do
Delinquency and Default Are Next
- Entire unpaid balance and interest owed are due immediately
- Can no longer receive deferment or forbearance
- Lose eligibility for other benefits, such as choosing a repayment plan
- Lose eligibility for additional federal aid
- May not be able to buy or sell assets such as real estate
- Tax refunds and federal benefit payments may be withheld and applied toward repayment of defaulted loan
- Garnished wages
- Sued in court by loan holder
- Academic transcript withheld by school
Avoiding Future Problems
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.