- How to lower car insurance after a ticket — yes, it’s possible
- Why do my car insurance rates go up because of a ticket?
- The best strategies to lower your auto insurance
- Other useful tips for revising or purchasing new auto insurance
- Use a tool like Gabi
- The bottom line
How to lower car insurance after a ticket — yes, it’s possible
Why do my car insurance rates go up because of a ticket?
|Violation||% Increase||$ Increase|
|Driving with expired registration||10.9%||$161|
|Hit and run||82.2%||$1,209|
The best strategies to lower your auto insurance
- Visit each insurance carrier’s site and put in your information for an auto insurance quote. This is a no-haggle way of shopping (since you’re not working with a human) but it takes quite a bit of time.
- Work with an insurance broker. Some independent brokers can get multiple quotes for you. They earn a commission or fee only if you purchase a policy through them. The drawback to this is they may not work with specific insurance carriers, especially ones already using their agent network.
- Use a company agent. You can go directly to a car insurance company, such as State Farm, and work with an insurance agent. This can be helpful if you want to go “play around” with your policy, make changes, and get the most car insurance discounts possible.
- Use an online comparison tool such as Gabi or Carinsurance.net, that can compare multiple companies at once for you. We’ll discuss Gabi in greater detail later, but Gabi can save you a ton of time by comparing at least 40 different auto insurance carriers for you.
Take a defensive driving course
Ask for every discount imaginable
Raise your deductible
Review your insurance coverage options
Purchase a less expensive car
Other useful tips for revising or purchasing new auto insurance
Improve your credit score
- Review your report for free at annualcreditreport.com
- Review and report any discrepancies on your credit report
- Sign up for a free credit-monitoring service, often available through your bank
- Pay your bills on-time
- Keep paying down your debt
Use a tool like Gabi
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.