Understanding Liability Car Insurance
- What is liability insurance?
- Liability insurance rates
- Keeping costs down
- Liability insurance companies
- What about collision and comprehensive?
- Actual cash value of your car
- Pros and Cons
- The bottom line
What is liability insurance?
Liability insurance rates
How to read coverage amounts
- Up to $100,000 for the injury of one person.
- Up to $200,000 for the injuries of multiple people.
- Up to $50,000 for property damage.
- Personal injury protection/medical payments. This policy covers your medical bills and those of your passengers, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage. If the other driver is at fault but doesn’t have liability coverage, this coverage pays for your medical and car repair bills.
N.H., Virginia are different
Keeping costs down
- Owning an older car
- Owning a smaller car
- Being at least 25, when rates start dropping
- Having good driving history
- Having a good credit score
- Being married
- Being female
- How much you drive
- Where you live
- Having a low deductible
- Bundling with home insurance
Liability insurance companies
What about collision and comprehensive?
- Collision: Pays for damage to your car if you’re at fault, or if no one is at fault.
- Comprehensive: Pays for damage by acts of God such as weather, animals, or vandalism.
Actual cash value of your car
Pros and Cons
- Liability car insurance is least 50% cheaper than also having comprehensive and collision insurance.
- It covers medical and property damage costs to other drivers and their vehicle’s occupants.
- You and your car aren’t covered.
- It is illegal in almost every state to drive without it.
- You could lose your assets without it.
- If your car is totaled, you have to pay yourself to buy a new one.
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.