Meal Delivery Services – Worth the Cost?
- Types of meal delivery services
- Meal delivery companies
- Costs of meal delivery services
- Pros and cons
- The bottom line
Types of meal delivery services
Meal kit delivery services
Prepared meal delivery services
Oven-ready meal kits
Meal delivery companies
- Keto + Paleo
- Balanced Living
- Plant-Powered Vegetarian and Vegan Meals
Costs of meal delivery services
Meal delivery prices
|Provider||Cost per Meal||Shipping Fee|
|Blue Apron||$7.49 - $9.99||$7.99|
|Sun Basket||$9.99 - $11.49||$5.99|
|Daily Harvest||$7.49 - $7.99||$167.76/mo|
|Green Chef||$10.49 - $11.99||$7.99|
|Hello Fresh||$8 – $10||$7.99|
|Purple Carrot||$8.99 - $10.99||Free|
|Home Chef||$7.49 - $9.94||$10; free if spend $40+|
|Hungryroot||$7.99 - $12.99||$6.99; free if spend $70+|
|Snap Kitchen||$8.75 - $11.67||Free|
Pros and cons
- Meal delivery services offer an easy way to try new recipes and try out different meal options.
- Most subscriptions include options for a variety of diets, including Mediterranean, diabetes-friendly, pescetarian, and comfort food options.
- Some boxes offer healthy meal choices that are designed by nutritionists.
- Food delivery services can get expensive.
- Most boxes come with fresh ingredients that need to be used up within a few days.
- Most meal delivery services automatically choose and send you meals, so if you want to skip a week, you need to be sure to do so ahead of time.
- Most do not deliver to Hawaii or Alaska.
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.