- What is Allstate auto insurance?
- Allstate car insurance standard coverage
- How does Allstate auto insurance work?
- How much does Allstate insurance cost?
- Allstate auto insurance features
- Who is Allstate insurance best for?
- Who shouldn’t use Allstate?
- Pros & cons
- Allstate vs. competitors
- The bottom line
What is Allstate auto insurance?
Allstate car insurance standard coverage
- Liability: This pays for the medical bills or vehicle repairs of another person if you’re at fault.
- Comprehensive: If your vehicle is damaged by uncontrollable events such as vandalism, hail, or fallen trees, comprehensive coverage will pay for the repairs or replacement.
- Collision coverage: This covers the costs related to damage of your vehicle due to an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist: If a motorist who isn’t insured, or who is underinsured, causes you bodily injury or damages your car, this policy will cover the cost of your related bills.
- Medical payments: If you or your passengers are hurt, this coverage covers your expenses.
- Sound system insurance: This will cover the cost of replacing or repairing sound equipment or video equipment that has been stolen or damaged.
- Roadside coverage: If you need any roadside assistance — from a jump start to help changing a flat tire — this policy will provide that for you.
- Personal injury protection: If you’re injured in a covered accident, this policy will pay for your bills.
- Personal umbrella policy: This policy covers liability beyond your policy’s standard limits.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: If your vehicle is in for repairs and you need to rent a car, this policy will reimburse your expenses. Or, it could reimburse your expenses for alternative forms of travel.
- Accident forgiveness: This policy ensures that your insurance premiums won’t go up after one accident, even if it was your fault.
- New car replacement: If you total your car and it is less than two years old, Allstate will offer you a replacement rather than giving you a payout for its adjusted value.
- Deductible rewards: You’ll get $100 off your deductible for signing up and then an additional $100 off each year for each year you’re accident-free, to a total of $500 off your deductible with its safe driving bonus.
How does Allstate auto insurance work?
How much does Allstate insurance cost?
- Your location. Some locations have traditionally higher auto insurance rates due to higher rates of theft, extreme weather, or higher percentages of accidents. For example, auto insurance policies in coastal states can tend to be more expensive due to frequent hurricanes. Auto insurance rates in big cities can run high because there is an increased rate of car accidents.
- Your driving record. If you’ve been collision-free for a number of years, this could help to lower your rates. However, if there are multiple drivers on the same policy, this could drive rates up. Allstate will also review your risk as a driver, which includes speeding tickets or prior convictions.
- The vehicle’s use. Allstate asks questions such as how often you’ll drive the car and for what purpose. Allstate will also factor in whether you’re driving on rural or urban roads.
- Your vehicle. Everything from the color, make, model, year, and safety rating of a vehicle can go into a car insurance quote. Allstate wants to determine how much it will cost to repair your vehicle and what the chances are that it’ll get damaged in the first place, not to mention how safe you and your passengers will be inside of it.
Examples of premium costs
- Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Property Damage: $20k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Property Damage: $50k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Collision Deductible: $1k
- Comprehensive Deductible: $1k
Allstate auto insurance features
Teen driver discount
Who is Allstate insurance best for?
If you don’t drive often
If you want to meet and agent face-to-face
Who shouldn’t use Allstate?
Consumers that want above-average customer service
Pros & cons
- A leader in driver education. Not only does Allstate have a robust educational program for teen drivers, but it also offer their Drivesafe app to help anyone improve their driving.
- Sound system coverage. Easily protect your audio equipment with Allstate’s unique sound system coverage.
- Bundle your policies. Allstate is a one-stop-shop for auto insurance, homeowners insurance, renters insurance, life insurance and other insurance products. By bundling policies you'll save money with a multiple policy discount and reduce the amount of paperwork you need to complete.
Average customer service. Allstate’s ratings for customer satisfaction are below some of its top competitors.
Allstate vs. competitors
|Insurer||J.D. Power Ratingr||A.M. Best Rating||Multiple Discounts||Gap Coverage|
Allstate vs. GEICO
Allstate vs. Progressive
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.