- What is Liberty Mutual Insurance?
- How does Liberty Mutual’s auto insurance work?
- What affects the cost of Liberty Mutual auto insurance?
- Liberty Mutual’s auto insurance coverages
- Liberty Mutual’s auto insurance features
- Liberty Mutual vs. competitors
- Who is Liberty Mutual best for?
- Who shouldn’t use Liberty Mutual?
- Pros & cons of Liberty Mutual
- The bottom line
What is Liberty Mutual Insurance?
How does Liberty Mutual’s auto insurance work?
What affects the cost of Liberty Mutual auto insurance?
Your driving record
Examples of premium costs
- Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Property Damage: $20k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Property Damage: $50k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Collision Deductible: $1k
- Comprehensive Deductible: $1k
Liberty Mutual’s auto insurance coverages
Medical payments coverage
Uninsured motorist coverage
Personal injury protection for you
Bodily injury liability
Property damage coverage
Personal injury protection for others
- Lifetime repair guarantee
- New car replacement
- Better car replacement
- Rental car reimbursement
- Towing & labor (24-hour roadside assistance)
- Gap coverage
- Original parts replacement
- Teachers car insurance
- Mexico car insurance
Liberty Mutual’s auto insurance features
- 12-month rate guarantee. Liberty Mutual guarantees your auto insurance rate for a full year.
- Convenient payment options. You can choose to pay for your auto insurance monthly, quarterly, or in one single payment. Payments can be made by mail, online, or through automatic deductions.
- After-hours policy services. Liberty Mutual’s customer service representatives are available to answer questions about your policy or billing after normal business hours and on the weekends.
- Car windshield repair. If your windshield or other safety glass is damaged, Liberty Mutual arranges and guarantees a quality repair or replacement.
Liberty Mutual vs. competitors
- Bodily injury liability: $100,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence
- Property damage liability: $50,000 per accident or occurrence
- Uninsured motorist: $100,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence
- Basic personal injury protection
- Comprehensive: $500 deductible
- Collision: $500 deductible
- Emergency road service
- Rental car reimbursement
|Liberty Mutual||$77.25||Online purchase, accident-free, violation-free, vehicle safety, preferred payment, paperless||after-hours customer service, 12-month rate guarantee|
|GEICO||$91.40||5-year good driver, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, anti-theft device||discounts for partner organizations, local agents|
|Allstate||$145||Anti-lock brake, anti-theft, safe driving club, passive restraint, daytime running lights, multiple policies, electronic stability control, responsible payer, Allstate easy pay plan, Allstate eSmart||local agents, discounts from partners|
Who is Liberty Mutual best for?
Anyone that wants thorough auto insurance coverage
Customers that want personalized assistance
Who shouldn’t use Liberty Mutual?
Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare drivers
Pros & cons of Liberty Mutual
- Discounts. Liberty Mutual offers all sorts of discounts, including those for military service members, homeowners, and good students. Bundling your car insurance with home insurance, renters insurance, and even business insurance can save you money. Your car can also earn you a discount if it’s a hybrid or electric vehicle, if it has anti-theft technology, and if it has advanced safety features. You can also earn discounts for having an accident-free and violation-free history, purchasing a policy for multiple vehicles, and more.
- Keep your price for a year. Most insurers only offer 6-month auto insurance policies. After the 6-month policy expires, your insurance rate can increase for the next policy period. Liberty Mutual writes 12-month policies so policyholders can keep your rate the same for a full year.
- Can be more expensive if you don’t want to enroll in programs. Liberty Mutual seems to rely heavily on its customers enrolling in the RightTrack program to earn a discount. If you don’t want to enroll in the program, your quote may not beat competitor pricing.
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.