Review of Travelers Auto Insurance: Features, Pros & Cons, and Costs
- What is Travelers car insurance?
- How does Travelers auto insurance work?
- How much does Travelers auto insurance cost?
- Travelers auto insurance coverages and features
- Travelers Features
- Who is Travelers best for?
- Who shouldn’t use Travelers?
- Pros & cons
- Travelers vs. competitors
- The bottom line
What is Travelers car insurance?
How does Travelers auto insurance work?
How much does Travelers auto insurance cost?
Your driving stats
Examples of premium costs
- Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Property Damage: $20k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Property Damage: $50k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Collision Deductible: $1k
- Comprehensive Deductible: $1k
Travelers auto insurance coverages and features
Personal injury protection
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Loan/lease gap insurance
- Rental coverage
- Roadside assistance
- New car replacement
- Accident forgiveness
- Ridesharing (only available in Colorado and Illinois)
- Umbrella insurance
- Commercial auto
Premier Responsible Driver Plan
Who is Travelers best for?
People who want to bundle their insurance policies
People who are eligible for the Affinity Program
Who shouldn’t use Travelers?
People who don’t qualify for many discounts
Pros & cons
- Travelers offers plenty of opportunities to save. Some of the highlights include the new car discount and the early quote discount. These discounts can save you up to 10% just for owning a car that is less than 3 years old and for getting an auto insurance quote before your current policy expires.
- Travelers makes it easy to get your questions answered during the quote process. All you need to do is click on the chat function or call to speak to a representative by phone. You can also search for an independent agent if you prefer to work with someone directly.
- Travelers only offers ridesharing insurance in 2 states: Colorado or Illinois. This is an important coverage option if you drive for companies such as Uber, Lyft, or Doordash.
- You can’t find everything you need to know on the Travelers website. You’ll probably want to be aware of all of the discounts you’re eligible for before you decide. Unfortunately, you can only learn about savings opportunities from the Affinity program if you call Travelers.
Travelers vs. competitors
|Travelers||$111.00||Continuous insurance, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint||Local agents, safe driving rewards|
|GEICO||$91.40||5-year good driver, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, anti-theft device||Discounts to partner members, local agents|
|Liberty Mutual||$77.25||Online purchase, accident-free, violation-free, vehicle safety, preferred payment, paperless policy||Customer service after hours, 12-month rate guarantee|
- Bodily injury liability: $100,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence
- Property damage liability: $50,000 per accident or occurrence
- Uninsured motorist: $100,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence
- Comprehensive & collision coverage
- Basic personal injury protection
- Emergency roadside service
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.