Should You Use a Credit Repair Service to Fix Your Credit?
What is a credit repair service?
How credit repair services work
- Listing accounts you do not currently or never held
- Collections or bankruptcy claims that were not yours
- Late payments
- Missing accounts
How to review your credit report for free
Disputing errors on your credit report
Other ways to resolve your credit troubles
- What is a credit repair service?
- How credit repair services work
- How to review your credit report for free
- Disputing errors on your credit report
- Other ways to resolve your credit troubles
- Is it ever a smart idea to use a credit repair service?
- Top credit repair services
- The bottom line
Is it ever a smart idea to use a credit repair service?
- Removing all negative information. This likely means they’ll dispute anything negative on your credit report and may be able to have them temporarily removed. However, accurate information will be re-reported and hit your credit reports again over time.
- Boosting your score by X%. Whenever a credit repair company promises to boost your score to a certain number or by a certain percent, I would be skeptical. It’s very challenging to know how much your credit will improve by removing one dispute or how long it will take to get your credit score to a certain number.
- Offering more help for more money. Some credit repair companies offer tiered services indicating that if you spend enough money, you’ll be a high-priority client. Typically, these packages have very few differences between them, and even if you pay for the highest level of service, there’s no guarantee a credit repair company can help you.
- Pressuring you to pay money up-front. Most credit repair services utilize monthly account subscriptions for users, but any that also require up-front payments or set-up fees should be thoroughly researched. This is usually indicative of credit repair scams.
Top credit repair services
The Credit Pros
Sky Blue Credit Repair
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.