What is Bitcoin and Should You Invest?
What is Bitcoin
How Bitcoin Works
How to invest in Bitcoin
Should you invest in Bitcoin?
Other cryptocurrencies to consider
Pros & Cons of investing in Bitcoin
- Diversify your portfolio with cryptocurrency. Having a diversified portfolio is always a good idea, and a small investment in a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin can be an exciting way to get your hand in the game, with minimal risk involved. Because Bitcoin investments are inherently risky, it’s important to view any investment as a long-term one and to be mentally prepared to embrace whatever happens.
- Bitcoin is more interesting than your average investment. By now it’s no secret that Bitcoin has an almost cult-like following. All types of people are attracted to Bitcoin investments and for a variety of reasons. By buying into Bitcoin you’ll have a real reason to follow along on all the latest Bitcoin news and drama, which is quite literally, a world of its own.
- It could be widely accepted. While no one actually knows what’s going to happen with Bitcoin, there are some people who swear by it. Will it take over all other forms of currency? And what the heck will happen when the last bitcoins are mined? Nobody knows the answers to these questions, but one thing’s for sure — it certainly has the potential to be widely accepted.
- Cryptocurrency comes with a learning curve. If this list made your head spin, here’s the bad news: it just barely scratched the surface of everything there is to know about Bitcoin. You can think of Bitcoin as entering some fantasy realm created by an anonymous genius with the world-building skills of Game of Thrones creator George RR Martin. Which is all to say — there’s a lot going on here. If you plan on investing in Bitcoin, you’ll most definitely have to overcome a significant learning curve.
- The market volatility is real. Investing in Bitcoin isn’t for the faint of heart. This cryptocurrency is up, and down, and all over the place. If you can’t handle the heat of cryptocurrency exhcanges, it might be best to stay out of this particular kitchen.
The bottom line
Are You Ready for Retirement? Answer These 20 Questions
Take this quiz from SmartAsset and calculate your time to retirement. Their free tool helps match the right financial advisor for your retirement goals in just 5 minutes. Every advisor is carefully screened before being added to SmartAsset's network. Learn more and get paired with local financial advisors in your area. Get started now.
Take Your Investing To The Next Level
|Name||Motley Fool||Stash Invest||Wealthfront|
|Description||Motley Fool's stock picks have averaged returns of 588% (vs 119% for the S&P). Get your 50% discount for new members.||Start investing with as little as $1 and purchase fractional shares of stock. Get $5 from Stash to make your first investment.||Get a personalized portfolio of diversified, low-cost stocks on autopilot — in minutes. It’s the time-tested way to build long-term wealth.|