- What is Coinbase?
- How does Coinbase work?
- How much does Coinbase cost?
- Coinbase features
- Who is Coinbase best for?
- Who shouldn’t use Coinbase?
- Pros & cons
- Coinbase vs. Kraken vs. Binance vs. Robinhood
- The bottom line
What is Coinbase?
How does Coinbase work?
How much does Coinbase cost?
Security and vault protection
Resources that let you “earn while you learn”
Who is Coinbase best for?
People just getting started with crypto
Investors who want advanced charting (Coinbase Pro)
Who shouldn’t use Coinbase?
Pros & cons
- Simple and straightforward. A major benefit of using Coinbase is how easy it is to use. The website features a clean design and there’s a lot of transparency about the cryptocurrencies you’re investing in, fees, and other details surrounding any of the transactions you might make on the platform.
- Supports 50+ cryptocurrencies. While it isn’t the most robust exchange out there, Coinbase does boast a whopping 50+ cryptocurrency pairs to trade between. As such, it’s a great exchange that will allow you to do most of the trading you could ever want to achieve online with crypto.
- Great learning resources. Especially for beginners, it’s great to get to use a platform that not only empowers you to trade cryptocurrency but also better understand the technology underpinning the crypto-economy. Many of the learning resources even incentivize your completion and can help you boost your earnings.
- Fees are higher than other exchanges. There’s a lot to love about Coinbase, but if you’re trying to be cognizant of how much of your investment you give to an exchange in fees, you can find more competitive options elsewhere.
- Only email support. Other exchanges have a lot more options when it comes to customer support, including by telephone and live chat. While Coinbase does have an emergency phone number if you need to deactivate your account, you’re almost always going to need to reach out to them via email if you need support.
- Coinbase Pro isn’t beginner-friendly. If you want to get the most from Coinbase and want to take advantage of a variety of trading approaches, you’ll likely be creating a Coinbase Pro account. While that will get you more advanced features, Coinbase Pro isn’t as easy to use and understand for beginners as the standard Coinbase platform.
Coinbase vs. Kraken vs. Binance vs. Robinhood
|Platform||Cryptocurrencies supported||Fees||Buy/Sell||Limit order||Margin trade|
|Coinbase||50+||3.99% or less||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Kraken||100+||0.26% or less||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Binance||30+||0.10% or less||Yes||Yes||Yes|
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.