- What is State Farm auto insurance?
- How does State Farm auto insurance work?
- How much does State Farm auto insurance cost?
- State Farm auto insurance features
- Who is State Farm auto insurance best for?
- Who shouldn’t use State Farm auto insurance?
- Pros and cons
- State Farm vs. competitors
- The bottom line
What is State Farm auto insurance?
How does State Farm auto insurance work?
- Comprehensive coverage
- Uninsured motor vehicle
- Underinsured motor vehicle
- Medical payments
- Emergency roadside assistance
- Expansive car rental and travel coverage
- Rideshare driver (Uber, Lyft, etc.)
- Teen drivers
- Antique and classic car
- Sports cars
- Commercial auto
Simple quote process
How much does State Farm auto insurance cost?
Drive Safe and Save™ discount
Steer Clear® discount
Multiple policy discount
Other discounts available
- Good student
- Driver training
- Good driving
- Student away at school
- Defensive driving
- Vehicle safety
- Passive restraint
- Multiple cars on a policy
Examples of premium costs
- Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Property Damage: $20k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Property Damage: $50k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Collision Deductible: $1k
- Comprehensive Deductible: $1k
State Farm auto insurance features
Car rental coverage
Lots of discounts
Who is State Farm auto insurance best for?
Those who like discounts
Those who need a variety of coverage options
Who shouldn’t use State Farm auto insurance?
Those who like strong customer service
Those who need the cheapest premiums possible
Pros and cons
- Strong financial ratings. Financial ratings may induce a snooze-fest when you read through them, but they actually hold nuggets of important information for you as a consumer. With the strong ratings mentioned previously, State Farm continues to show financial strength, which means they’ll have your back now and in the foreseeable future.
- Digital savvy. The State Farm mobile app allows you to initiate a claim, access customer service, check the status of your claims, and more, all with the touch of a button. The website is easy to navigate and offers the same information at your fingertips.
- Easy to obtain a quote. Along with the helpful digital assets, you’ll find it easy to get a direct quote for coverage. You can either call a local agent or fill out a straightforward form online. If further information is needed, someone will reach out to you.
- Wide range of coverage options. Whether you need basic coverage, or are looking for something more specialized, your State Farm agent can tailor the policy to exactly what you need. You won’t have to worry about being over - or underinsured, since you can get the exact coverage you need.
- No gap insurance coverage. Gap insurance is optional coverage available through some insurance companies. If you total your car, but you owe more than the car is worth, then this coverage will cover your financial “gap.” This is a popular feature for those who purchase brand new cars, since new cars depreciate in value so quickly. If you think you might need this option, you should know State Farm does not currently offer it.
- No custom equipment coverage. If you’re an aftermarket accessory fanatic, you should be aware State Farm won’t cover your add-ons to your vehicle. If you’re going to make modifications, such as custom wheels or carbon fiber hoods, and you’re considering State Farm, then be aware your additional purchase won’t be covered if you’re in an accident.
State Farm vs. competitors
|AM Best Rating||JD Power Rating||Multiple Discounts||Gap Coverage|
State Farm vs. Progressive
State Farm vs. Geico
The bottom line
|1 State Farm Plaza, Bloomington, IL 61710||Glass 888-624-4410|
|Roadside assistance 877-627-5757|
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.