What is Encompass Insurance Company?
How does Encompass auto insurance work?
- Liability protection
- Collision and comprehensive coverage
- Medical payments
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists
How much does Encompass cost?
- Marital status
- Driving record and history
- Credit score
- Coverage options
Examples of premium costs
- Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Property Damage: $20k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $25k/$50k
- Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Property Damage: $50k
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100k/$300k
- Collision Deductible: $1k
- Comprehensive Deductible: $1k
Features of Encompass auto insurance
- Unlimited accident forgiveness
- Safe driving bonus
- Rental car reimbursement if you’re involved in an accident
- Auto trip reimbursement if you’re in an accident 100 miles away
- Electronic equipment coverage for your car
- Windshield repairs
- Additional coverage for your company car
New car replacement service
- Safe driving bonus
- Future effective date — if your policy is written seven days or more before your coverage begins.
- EasyPay— if you use the automatic payment feature
- New car discount
- Homeowners discount — if you bundle your renters, condo, or homeowners’ policy
- Good payer discount
- Anti-lock and anti-theft
- Passive restraint
- Driver training — if you’re under 21 and have completed an approved driver training course.
- Good student — if you have a 3.0 or higher, you’ll get rewarded!
- Resident student discount — if you go to school over 100 miles away from home and you do not take your car with you.
Who is Encompass best for?
If you prefer using a local agent
Those who need specialty options
Who shouldn’t use Encompass?
If you like a digital-only experience
If you need rideshare coverage
Pros & cons
- Strong financial ratings. Encompass has earned a Superior A+ rating from A.M.Best, solidifying the strength of this Allstate-owned company.
- Strong customer service ratings. Encompass scored well below the national average, with a .68 on the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) complaint index. This index measures the number of registered complaints for the auto insurance portion. Any score less than 1 is considered a positive score, indicating Encompass has had fewer complaints compared to other companies. Encompass also has an A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating.
- Not available in all states. One downside, Encompass may not be available where you live. You’ll need to confirm with an agent if coverage is available.
- Difficult to get a quote. Other insurance companies require you to finalize a quote through an agent but still allow you to get an estimate online. Encompass doesn’t offer this option.
Encompass vs. competitors
|Insurer||Discounts available||2019 J.D. Power Rating||A.M. Best Rating|
The bottom line
Reclaim Up to $610/Year in Car Insurance
Here’s the thing: your current car insurance company is probably overcharging you. But, who has the time to look around for around a new company?
A website called CarInsurance.net makes it super easy to see if you’re getting the lowest price. All you have to do is enter your ZIP code and your age, and it’ll show you your options.
Using CarInsurance.net, people have saved up to $610 a year.
It takes just a few minutes to see how much CarInsurance.net could put back in your pocket. And the best part? Because we’re driving less, some insurers are slashing prices this month.